Bin workers in Medway, Kent, walked out on 30 March over management’s failure to follow social distancing directives, to provide adequate PPE and the closure of public toilets. The workers issued Section 44 notices (of the Employment Rights Act 1996 ) and stopped work. Talks are now underway with the employer Medway Norse to resolve the situation.
- Brighton Green and Labour cuts – workers and communities fight back
- Save St Mary’s Leisure Centre Is Southampton council working for people or asset strippers?
- West Sussex care campaigners’ victory
- Hundreds protest to save St Mary’s Leisure Centre in Southampton
- Bournemouth – angry people not represented by capitalist parties
Southern & South East SocialistsFollow
Socialist Party members across the South with branches in Aylesbury Basingstoke Bracknell Brighton IOW Kent Oxford Portsmouth Reading Southampton and Staines
Read this week's #NSSN bulletin no.566: Workers start 2022 on the picket line!
To all #TUSC supporters Best Wishes for 2022 - let’s see if together we can find hundreds of trades unionists, community campaigners and socialists to challenge austerity at the May local elections in the biggest and widest possible socialist unity.
2022 and Council Cuts continue
Defend public services
Defend Jobs and Pay
Stop Cuts and Privatisation
Join the fightback in #southampton to @SaveStMarysLC #SocialistSunday #StopCouncilCuts
@VenueHorse @Callowlands Park, Watford @watfordpalace with #theDanTiendance school. Really enjoyed it, thank you everyone. This weekend @VenueHorse is @DGArtsFest Annan & Stranraer from 1 pm.